Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mari-ow Ponders The Knife



Mario Williams may have surgery on his balky left wrist this week, Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reported this morning.

The possibility shouldn't really be all that shocking, considering the cereal spokesman's comments after getting smothered for the fifth time in seven games since signing a six-year, $100-million deal in the offseason.
“I need to play better, and I need to get healthy,” Williams said after Sunday’s loss. “It’s No. 1 on my point.
“I can say this and you can take it however you want to take it, but it really don’t matter to me. I really don’t care what you think. At the end of the day I know I need to get physically back into things so I’m not hesitating.”
 Under most circumstances, losing someone of Williams' stature and salary, even for a week or two, would be the cause of much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Given the no-shows turned in by Buffalo's defense on three of the last four Sundays, though, it's hard to imagine things getting any worse.

UPDATE: Williams underwent "a procedure" on his left wrist today, said Chan Gailey, although the Bills coach apparently knew absolutely nothing about it, beyond the defensive end's expectation to return to practice following Buffalo's bye week.

2 comments:

  1. More money gone
    Its not as though they are going to miss him.
    what a pompous ass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Jesse. He says he'll be back after the bye ...

      Delete